Everything You Need to Know Before You Shop for an HP Printer
If you’re in the market for a new printer but don’t know what features you need, then you should set your sights on an all-in-one option. All-in-one printers from HP offer multiple functionalities and capabilities to work for various uses.
Most all-in-one printers are ideal for a variety of uses, including personal, family, home office, and small business. The capabilities of an all-in-one printer can range based on the HP model you choose, but most offer:
- Basic black-and-white and color printing
- Extra paper trays
The cost of an HP all-in-one printer can vary based on the included functionalities, its page-per-minute (ppm) print speed, and its output quality.
HP All-in-One Printer Types
Since HP all-in-one printers can be used for various applications, there are segments within the printer type to help you narrow your search by how you’ll be using your printer:
- Small Business or Home Office: These all-in-one printers are typically smaller in size and only offer basic functionalities, including printing, copying, scanning and faxing. They also usually include USB connections to make printing on other devices more accessible.
- Office: These mid-size options can serve as a central network system with integrated security functions, advanced document storage, and a full suite of options. Many include custom software and advanced network scanning, including email, FTP access and more.
- Production: These large and often expensive, all-in-one printers feature a high-quality output and advanced technologies. You often find these in small businesses and mid-size operations.
Understanding the varying levels of all-in-one printer options will help you narrow your search to get the functionality you need and make sure you don’t pay for additional features you won’t use.
Understanding the Features of an All-in-One Printer
When it comes to an all-in-one printer from any brand, it’s important to know exactly what you are paying for. The features can be extensive, and sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in finding an option that offers the most features instead of the best features.
Below is a breakdown of some of the most commonly included features in an all-in-one printer so you can make an informed decision when shopping.
First and foremost, you want to find an all-in-one printer that offers superior printing performance. Look for models with high printing speeds, large paper trays, and duplexing.
If you have any advanced printing needs, like stapling, folding, hole punching, or various paper sizes, you will most likely have to look at more higher-level all-in-one printers. However, if these functions will save you time, it’s worth the additional investment.
Another standard feature on most all-in-one printer models is scanning. Having a built-in scanner is a handy option as it saves space in your office and makes it easy to create scanned images of photos, documents or for creating PDF encryptions.
If scanning is an essential part of your regular job, you might want to look at high-level options that offer multi-page scanning, duplex scanning, high-quality images, and more.
Many all-in-one printer options come standard with faxing capabilities. While email has mostly done away with the need for a fax machine, it’s still handy to have whenever a need arises.
If you often fax for your job, you’ll want to explore HP printer options that offer a built-in high-speed modem to speed up your sends. Some multifunction printers offer built-in memory storage to keep track of your faxed documents should you ever need to reference them again in the future.
Whether you need a copier for home or business use, many all-in-one printers come with that feature standard. If you need color copies, make sure you find an option that offers that, as it doesn’t come standard on all multifunction printers.
While there are a plethora of additional features you can find on HP all-in-one printers, some of the most important to look for include:
- Wi-Fi capabilities
- USB ports
- Automatic document feeder
- Secondary paper tray
- Bluetooth capabilities
The Top Five HP All-in-One Printer Options
While your needs may vary in terms of an all-in-one printer option, below are some tried and true models that offer a good balance of functionality and budget-conscious design.
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdw Wireless Laser Printer: An ideal all-in-one option for a small business
- HP ENVY Pro 6455 Wireless All-in-One Printer: A compact option that packs a punch in terms of built-in features
- HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M480f Multifunction Duplex Printer: An easy to use and simple to manage office printer
- HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e Wireless Color All-in-One Printer: An ideal home office option that is budget-friendly
- HP OfficeJet 250 All-in-One Portable Printer with Wireless & Mobile Printing: A high-tech option the entire family can use
Finding an all-in-one printer from HP doesn’t have to be hard. Just make a list of the most important features to you, and start shopping!
Find High-Quality Ink and Toner Supplies at Ink Genie
Ink Genie® is one of the leading ink and toner suppliers to businesses, government institutions, schools, and homes in the country. We have thousands of customers that we consider part of our family and always offer them our best service, satisfaction, and savings! Learn more about Ink Genie and shop our selection of name-brand ink cartridges. Shop for OEM ink and toner cartridges from top brands, including Brother, Epson, HP, Canon, and more.